Monte Cristo Sandwich
This Monte Cristo sandwich with ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese slices is dipped in an egg and milk mixture and fried to a golden brown. A hot alternative to the usual lunch or snack.
A perfect way to use that leftover turkey!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 2 slices cooked turkey meat
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of one bread slice. Spread mustard on one side of remaining bread slice and top with alternate slices of ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese. Close sandwich with remaining bread slice, mayonnaise-side down.
- Beat egg and milk in a shallow bowl until well combined. Lightly grease a small skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwich into egg mixture to coat on both sides. Transfer sandwich to the hot skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Serve hot.